Vietnam Fisheries Society (VINAFIS)
is a non-governmental organization, based on the principles of voluntary, autonomy and equality. VINAFIS members include Vietnamese fishermen, aquaculture producers, fisheries processors and organizations providing services in fisheries sector. Based on mutual supports, the Society was established in 2000 under Vietnamese Government Decision No. 33/2000/QĐ-BTCCBCP dated 5th May 2000. VINAFIS is member of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front, and the Union of VietNam’s Scientific and Technological Associations.
- At the Central: There is the VINAFIS head office located in Ha Noi, 02 Representative Offices located in Nha Trang and Ho Chi Minh City; 04 professional sections, 04 sub-units under VINAFIS i.e Vietnam Fisheries Magazine, Fisheries training and extension Centre.
- At the local levels: There are 32 provincial VINAFIS with hundreds of thousands members.
- There are over 80 collective members: those are Universities, Research Institutes , and fisheries vocational colleges, companies operating in fisheries sector.
- The Central Committee of VINAFIS consists of 85 members: who are the former leaders from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), the leaders from Departments, Institutes and training agencies under MARD, from Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) at provinces and from fisheries establishments.
- Consultation Committee together with VINAFIS’s staffs: who has a lot of experiences in research, training and making plan, implementing projects, especially providing comment to development of fisheries policy and projects application as well as improving capacity of fisheries organization.
Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu: Some achievements from high technology appliance in aquaculture 2017-2020
High technology application in aquaculture has shown good results, triggering the continuing development of Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu’s fishery sector in compliance with High […]
The second VietShrimp 2018 inaugurated in Bạc Liêu Some pictures from the trade fair this year:
VietShrimp 2018, the second fair on technology in the shrimp industry of Việt Nam, inaugurated in Cao Van Lau Theatre & Exhibition centre of Bạc […]
Honored 81 outstanding groups, individuals, enterprises operating in the fisheries sectors
As many as 81 outstanding collectives, individuals and enterprises in the fisheries sector were honored with the title of “Vietnam Gold Quality Seafood 2017” at […]
Companies are accompanied with VietShrimp
The VietShrimp 2020 in Cần Thơ is four months away, urging the companies to embrace themselves with new and high-quality products and the most impressive […]
VietShrimp will be rescheduled in 2021
The organizers of the VietShrimp Aquaculture International Fair have just notified about the change of time of the third fair on technology in the Vietnamairlines […]